Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: funeral song

  1. #1
    Inactive Member honeyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2001
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    the sun has sank; its gone to bed
    the moon dares not to raise it's head
    black is what the world should be
    for you've been taken away from me

    my heart is dead; it beats no more
    my purpose, gone, what am i for?
    let the choir in silence stand
    and hear not the marching band

    joy be gone and sadness swept
    by the broom i never kept
    lock the door and lose the key
    break the pot and spill the tea

    sidewalks crack and bridges break
    towers and foundations shake
    sand be blown back to the sea
    birds should fall out of the tree

    churches rot and turn to dust
    cars, they stall and start to rust
    neighbors move and families split
    wars abandoned; heroes quit

    the day is done and I to bed
    gone to lie and rest my head
    if morning come, wake me not
    because my mother has been shot.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Dragondream's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I am really impressed with this work Honkeyk. Awesome job. I loved the rhyme scheme, and the way everything moved. Great images were conjured with the slightest of words used. This was excellent. I truly enjoyed reading this, thank you.


    ------------------
    We can't decide how or when we'll die, but we can decide how we live.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member paige11's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2001
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oooooohhh, i love it when they make you jump at the end. best part: "joy be gone and sadness swept, by the broom i never kept."
    worst part: "let the choir in silence stand, and hear not the marching band."

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2001
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow this was great...i havent read any real good stuff in a long time. keep posting. the end made my mouth drop
    ~A~

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member honeyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2001
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    thanks for your suggestions!!! i didnt like the choir/marching band part, either...so what do you think about this?


    my heart is dead; it beats no more
    my purpose, gone, what am i for?
    mother earth will no more spin
    its your grave her heart is in.


    thanks so much for your help!


    ------------------

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *claps* bravo on the original work, and I like the revision... it's not quite as good *the revision* as I think you could do, but it's better than what you had...
    this is a really solid work.
    Congrats, keep postin!

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •